How to Use & When to Apply:
When planting tomato beds, work 3 pounds for every 50 square feet into the top 4 to 6 inches of soil. To reapply, apply 1 cup per 5 feet of row twice a month throughout the growing season. Water thoroughly after application. Keep fertilizer at least 3 inches from stems and avoid contact with leaves.
For individual plants, work 3 tablespoons of Tomato-tone into the soil when planting, then water in. Repeat monthly through the growing season.
For potted plants, combine 2 cups of Tomato-tone per cubic foot of soil (1½ teaspoons per quart of soil) and use to fill containers. Feed twice a month with 1½ teaspoons per 4 inches of pot diameter. Water thoroughly after application.
Pros to Using Espoma Tomato-tone
- This product can be used for all vegetables, not just tomatoes
- This complete tomato food contains calcium to prevent blossom-end rot
- Organic fertilizer nourishes soil and plants without adding extra chemicals
- Fertilizing and adding organic matter to soil improves the quality of the soil, which in turn nourishes the plant
Cons to Using Espoma Tomato-tone
- Tomato-tone is a slow-release fertilizer, not fast-acting like some formulas
- More expensive than some other garden fertilizers
The 4-pound bag is a good size for just a few tomato plants, a container garden, or a small vegetable garden.