Please Read Before Using Chemicals:
How to Use & When to Apply:
Although Fungonil is a great fungicide for spraying on plants that are already diseased, it works best (like most fungicides) as a preventative before (or just after) problems appear. By spraying Fungonil on your plants before damage, it will stop spores from germinating and will halt diseases in their tracks before they can cause problems.
Fungonil can also be used as a control once diseases have started to run their course. Depending on the disease, Fungonil will work to control the problem and prevent future damage. Generally though, the sooner you can spray, the better.
Apply according to label/instructions on a dry day. The liquid fungicide sticks better to the leaves if they are not moist or wet. Spray on a calm day with no winds when temperatures are between 60 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
Pros to Using Bonide Fungonil
- Wide range of diseases controlled, including (but not limited to): powdery mildew, black spot, leaf spot, rust, botrytis, early blight, late blight, and many more
- Can be used on many edible plants including vegetables
- Especially useful on plants that are prone to many types of diseases such as roses
- Easy to apply using sprayer
Cons to Using Bonide Fungonil
- There are a few edible plants not recommended for spraying with Fungonil including grapes and strawberries
- Like all fungicides, Fungonil does better when sprayed before or in early stages of disease. Depending on the particular disease, control may be difficult in advanced stages of tough-to-control problems
Helpful Link: How to Use Pesticides in Their Various Forms
This size is convenient for situations where disease has just started to break out or if you require a small amount of Fungonil to control a problem.
Comes premixed with water in an easy to use squirt bottle. Simply open and spray.
These concentrated bottles require premixing with water in a spray tank. Simply measure the proper amount of chemical needed per gallon of water, mix together, and you’re ready for spraying. These are great for larger gardens, roses, shrub beds, and other spots in the garden where you need a little more product to get the job done. Very affordable per ounce of chemical.